Halloween fonts
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

H1N1


As many have heard/seen over the last little bit, news, government and heath practitioners have been buzzing about this new formulated H1N1 shot.
This shot has not been tested, and as the first to get it will be Eldery and Pregnant Women, or those with underlying heath issues.
I personally am on the fence about this new drug, but am more leaning to NOT getting it.
I've been researching for hours and days regarding this drug and no one can give me a stable answer. Most say "It's OK, but we don't know for sure", reading forums where thousands of pregnant women or women who have newly given birth have left posts like this:
"I’m 25 weeks pregnant and I am NOT getting the H1N1 Vaccination or the regular flu shot. I personally think that the doctors and health care professionals who are giving pregnant woman the OK to get the vaccination don’t know what the hell their talking about! They don't know for 100% reassured FACT that there will be no affects on your unborn baby,either while your pregnant or later on down the road.They don’t know! It’s a brand new vaccine and I don’t trust it! I feel the news is making it such a huge issue which is stressing people out and making them more prone to getting sick. The governments behind all this. I have my reasoning's, I won’t get into that. I wouldn’t get the vaccination" , and that was only one of the thousands posted. I read about 53 through before shutting the forum down.
It's just so unreliable. On one case it would be good to take the shot so in case I do come in contact with a bug I can live easy knowing that there is a 75% I wont get infected. But on the other note, the drug is packed with so many bad things; mercury, thimerosal and various other complicating unsafe elements.

Most say it's important that I as a pregnant woman take the shot, but have you really done your research? This drug can be scary, and no one knows the outcome yet. I would rather take my odds, than have a baby born with birth defects!
It would be so much easier if the health industry was to have tested this long before, and then all pregnant women would be at ease knowing that not only they are protecting themselves from this flu pandemic, but also putting a safe dose of flu preventative into their body.

There are articles like this one:
http://www.startribune.com/opinion/commentary/64048922.html?page=2&c=y
and
http://www.groundreport.com/Business/Can-H1N1-flu-virus-in-pregnancy-change-the-genes-i/2909720
are just a few i picked out of the hundreds that make me wonder why people aren't doing their research but instead, marching down to the labs to have their body poked with this scary concoction.
Needless to say, I am almost 90% sure that this drug will not be entering my body. Say what you want, but who is to say that it will even stop me from getting the flu, if I catch it?

ENTER my poll on the left side of this page and let me know your thoughts

8 comments:

June Melanson said...

I am absolutely against the vaccine, but everyone must make their own choice. I think that after one becomes informed about the pros and cons of this vaccine, that they should just follow their gut feeling. If you still feel hesitant, then don't do it. If you feel confident then go for it. That inner intuition is usually correct.

June Melanson

Jessica-Sara said...

Thanks for commenting! I really appreciate it, I don't think I am going to get it..waiting for a bit more evidence that it's OK, but right now, I wont be taking it.
My babies health is too important.

June Melanson said...

To further convince you, check this out. This information is vital!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgZDYs0pAKc&feature=player_embedded

Pause on each page so you can read it. This should make anyone decide not to get it.

June

The Schwiers said...

Hey, I think you'd make a good choice not getting it. More people die a year from the regular flu than the swine flu. Who knows of the long term effects on baby with all that junk in it. If you do get the flu, whether it be swine or regular flu you just have to keep your temp below 103 degrees. A friend of mine had the flu really bad with one of her babies and uncomfortable as it is she had an ice bath and managed to control it. But I'm sure you won't have to worry about any about that, I've avoided the flu for years. Carry hand sanitizer and don't put your fingers in your mouth out in public. Ha I've been taking sanitizer wipes to work with me and wiping down phones and desks and everything.

June Melanson said...

I agree with you Jessica.....no flu shot for me or my family....cleanliness, good nutrition, and exercise is the best way to go.
Have a great day!

June

Jessica-Sara said...

haha, hand sanitizer is amazing! I'm always grossed out in super markets. Think about how many people scratch their bum, or don't wash after going to the washroom and such.
GROSS!

Anonymous said...

hey Jess

I am with you on this one. I saw a picture in the new paper the other day of a pregnant women getting the shot and so many things went through my head. First what the heck could that do to the baby. we dont know. It just seems like it should be common sense that a pregnant lady shouldn't be getting any kind of shots it seems like it would be bad for the unborn baby. Thanks for posting this,

Jaqui said...

Its funny i stummbled across this posting on Craigs list because Ive been thinking a lot on this subject! As I was driving myself and my 2 daughters to get the shot, I had an overwhelming gut feeling NOT to get it, so we turned around and went back home. I'm really glad we didnt go ahead with it. I wouldnt, especially if I was pregnant.
Jaqui