Halloween fonts
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Slips of Happiness




I got to thinking today, what makes you feel special? It's a tough feeling to explain, it's the kinda feeling that when you do it, it makes you tingle inside, and anticipate what is to come. It's the kind of feeling that makes you enjoy little moments all by yourself, or craving more.
Does that explain it?
For me I got to thinking of what my little special happy moments are.
The first mandarin orange of the year, and thereafter each one holds some value.
New Tea's.
The other day I went and bought some high quality Peppermint Tea, and my first cup I felt as if I was really indulging myself.
Rain storms & Blizzards. I love to cuddle up inside, it makes me thankful for a cozy and yummy smelling house to curl up in and watch the disaster outside.
Naps.
Finding out about a NEW easy listening artist. Today for me it was, Brook Fraser.
Smelly Candles.
Warm Bubble Baths at random times. I like taking baths when I don't have to.
Spending all day cleaning your house and at the end of it, sitting back and enjoying it.

It made me realize that these little moments are SO good for us. Not only do they help shape us as a person, but they mold our day. They can make a terrible day go smooth.

A while back, I was having "thee" worst day. I know there are worst days out there, but being pregnant you become naive to that fact. Everything was wrong, wrong, wrong, and I came across a box of mandarin oranges..
and Glen sais "now look, you have two things that are going well today. The Rain, and your Orange"
It was true.. when you focus on the little things it can turn a day around. But, maybe that's to say that your day really wasn't that bad in the first place.

No comments: