Halloween fonts
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Starbucks Feelings.


I don't know why, but Starbucks makes me feel comforted. I was trying to think about why, when I go and buy a cup of Starbucks I feel comforted, nearer to family and whole.. and it was because of this:
When I lived in Downtown Vancouver, I lived directly across from a Starbucks. One of which I used to hit at least once a day, maybe twice.
There were always friendly faces in there, and they knew me by name. I love it. In a big huge city where I felt quite alone most of the time.. I had familiarity and someone to talk to.
Coming back to the Island, I almost completely cut off the urge to grab a Starbucks.. and now as I have been grabbing a few more once or twice a month.. I sit down with a steaming cup of " Pumpkin Spice" and I feel like I'm really indulging myself. The old feelings of comfort return in full force.
I love it.
Do you ever miss previous years or feelings? Even if they were hard years. You seemed to drive yourself further and harder?
So, this is my rant for the day. Not really sure how to explain it further.. but if you sit back and think about a period you miss in your life, and you don't quite know why, this is what my Starbucks Feeling is like.

Go grab yourself a Starbucks!

4 comments:

Katie Dowe said...

pumpkin spice latte is my FAV!!!

Jenilee Brain Photography said...

mmmm I hear you. And Pumpkin Spice is one of my favs. I've been hitting starbucks a few times a week and also feel so comforted to just sit back and enjoy!

Jessica-Sara said...

awe thanks!! I have to book a session with you--your work is phenomenal!!

Jenilee Brain Photography said...

awww thanks! ;)